To Our Valued Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has endured quite a bit over the last few months and we are all looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines very soon. While many things have changed, our commitment to your safety is still paramount, which is why we have been doing our part to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 by limiting dental care to emergencies only. This has helped keep our doctors and team in good health, helped conserve vital personal protective equipment (masks and gloves) for our hospitals treating the most severe cases and to keep you well and sheltering at home.
Infection control has always been a top priority for Bel Air Smile Partners. Our infection control processes are designed to keep patients and team members both safe and comfortable. Our office strictly complies with the American Dental Association®, the U.S. Center for Disease Control and the Maryland Occupational Safety and Health Administration. As these agencies update their guidelines during this unprecedented pandemic, we promptly make the necessary changes to adhere to the highest standard of care set forth by our governing organizations for dental practices.
With the recent and welcome news from Governor Hogan’s last press conference, dentists have been granted the ability to provide elective dental treatment. The previous restrictions on dental services (emergency visits only) have been lifted. We are very excited to get back to a sense of normalcy, but will do so in a very safe and conservative manner.
For this reason, we would like to prepare you for some changes that you will see in your visits to the dental office:
- Our office will communicate with you before your visit to ask some screening questions. If you are sick, have symptoms of being sick or have been exposed to anyone who is sick, PLEASE stay home and reschedule your appointment. Also, if you are in what the CDC considers a high-risk group, it may be better to defer elective treatment until further notice, as “sheltering at home” is still your best defense.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please remain in your car, and call the office to let us know you have arrived. A team member will come to your car and take your temperature, as well as ask you some questions, at which point a decision will be made to take you into the office or reschedule your appointment.
- In accordance with the CDC guidelines for dental practices, ALL persons entering our office will be required to wear a face mask at all times. Our team members will be wearing masks as well. To conserve our much-needed supply of masks for our team, we ask that you bring your own mask, such as the cloth type that people have been wearing to the grocery store.
- In accordance with CDC guidelines, we will be practicing social distancing and will guide you on how to proceed throughout your appointment. For this reason, we are limiting the number of patients allowed in the office. We ask that persons other than the patient remain in the car. No siblings will be allowed. Once again, our goal is to provide dental care as safely and as efficiently as possible and prevent person to person transmission of the virus.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available. You will find some in the reception area and in the operatories.
We are so very excited to see many of you again. We appreciate your patience through these extremely stressful and trying times. Because of social distancing and the reduced volume of patients we will be seeing, we may not be able to offer you as many appointment options as we normally could. We must continue to work together to maintain the downward trend of cases of COVID-19 in Maryland and continue towards the safe reopening of all businesses. By following these guidelines, you can help us to help you, our doctors and team stay safe and keep Maryland moving forward safely.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you and our team safe in our practice. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and can’t wait to welcome you back to the practice!